In here, you can find list of IRC channels/servers that I recommends.
- #installgentoo @ irc.installgentoo.com
- The offical channel for installgentoo.com
- #/g/technology @ irc.rizon.net
- IRC channel for technology and general discussion!
- Linux/Unix Terminal Client
- An extremely simple IRC client. It consists of less than 250 lines of code.
How to use IRC
If you're new to IRC, then I'm pretty sure you don't really know how to use IRC. The good news is that it's quite easy.
Basic IRC Commands
- This can be used to join a server.
Example: /connect irc.example.com
- This can be used to join a channel.
Example: /join #examplechannel
- This command changes your nickname. Limited to 9 characters.
Example: /nick newnickname
- Can be used to start private chat. Format: /msg nickname message
Example: /msg bob Hello, you good today?
- This command gives you the ping time, or lag time, between you and the person you pinged.
Lag can be explained as the amount of time between when you entered your message and for other people to read your message.
Example: /ping nickname